Copper Coils In Modern Life
Copper and copper coils munificently meet the modern life challenges. It makes a great metal choice for many operations that involve electricity. You might have noticed copper as custom coils in plumbing systems and inside electro-mechanical assembly of many types of equipment in offices, houses, industrial and commercial buildings. Coils of copper are invariably the most essential material to keep commerce, industries and home running efficiently and safely.
Copper works wonderfully in solenoid due to its low electrical resistance and for same reason it is preferred for many other equipments such as in refrigerator, space heaters, big industrial machines etc. It is predominantly found in many heating, engineering, cooling electrical, refrigeration and heat exchange applications because of following main reasons: ,
- Copper is a better conductor of electricity than other metals
- Copper can easily be cut and molded varied shapes and sizes
- Based on its application, copper can be transformed into pipes, plates, rods, coils and sheets etc
- Copper is highly energy efficient. An appropriate use of one ton copper in energy department can reduce emission of carbon dioxide by 200 tons on an average in a year
- Copper is long lasting, naturally good in looks and 100% recyclable
Modern Life Applications Of Copper
Copper makes modern life running through many of its applications in construction, transport and electrical applications. Let’s explore how…
A well over 65% of total copper production is used in electrical applications. As already stated, it provides highest unit of electrical conductivity and thus it makes an ideal material for electrical, power generation and transmission equipments.
- For power generation and its transmission copper is used in generators, motors, transformers, cables and busbars for safer electricity delivery to many offices and homes.
- For a variety of electrical equipments, copper provides wiring, contacts and circuitry in televisions, computers and even mobile phones.
Transport industry accounts for a usage of copper that is over 7%. It is used in cars, trains, lorries and trams. The systems harnessed with copper wires and coils carries current from batteries to entire vehicle and apparatuses such as central locking, lights, satellite navigation systems and on-board computers. It also helps in Eco friendly and efficient transport systems.
Over 25% of copper production is effectively used in buildings for cladding, roofing and plumbing. Since copper is light weighted maintenance free and highly durable, it makes a preferred choice of the construction industry. Its antimicrobial properties are best exploit to make hygienic surfaces in healthcare facilities and hospitals.
Other Uses Of Copper
Apart from being used to produce latching solenoid, solenoid valve and push-pull solenoid, a large percentage of copper is used to make coins, musical instruments, cookware, sculptures and fashion jewelry.
Copper coils resourcefully to serve many modern life functions more energy efficient and safe.